Work Experience Opportunities
Attention Yr 10!!!
There are some work experience opportunities at Wollongong Council. Council applications close on 18 March, so click on the following link if you’re interested!!
Website of interest
Those of you interested in an apprenticeship, please click on (or copy/paste) the following link;
Come see me if you have any questions , I'm availble in the school library on Thursdays and Fridays.
UOW - University Preparation Program UPP
Improve your HSC study skills and explore your post high school opportunities
The Year 12 University Preparation Program (UPP) runs over two school terms, and is designed to support you with your HSC study skills and allow you to experience a taste of UOW student life whilst still in Year 12.
Benefits of the program include:
- Up to 30 hours of free subject-based group study sessions with our In2Uni Mentors (who have achieved a Band 5 or higher in that particular subject)
- Face-to-face and online study skills development
- Assistance completing your post school admissions and UAC online applications
- Mentoring to explore post-high school options, including higher education and pathways options based on your Year 12 academic performance
- Super Study Days- to prepare you for your HSC exams and transitioning from high school to what comes next
2019 UPP Dates and Times*
All campuses run UPP from week commencing Monday, 29th April- week ending Friday, 27th September 2018.
- Wollongong Campus: Wednesday- 1:30pm-3:00pm or 4:00pm-5:30pm, or Thursday- 1:30pm- 3:00pm
- South Western Sydney (Liverpool) Campus: Wednesday- 4:00pm- 5:30pm, or Thursday-2:00pm-3:30pm
- Southern Highlands Campus: Tuesday- 4:30pm-6:00pm
- Batemans Bay Campus: Wednesday- 4:00pm-5:30pm or Thursday- 4:00pm-5:30pm
- Bega Campus: Monday- 3:30pm-5:00pm or Thursday- 4:00pm-5:30pm
- Shoalhaven Campus: Wednesday- 4:00pm-5:30pm or Thursday- 4:00pm-5:30pm
*Please note the above is the proposed delivery schedule and is subject to change
- Free for students from In2Uni sponsored high schools
- Free for students who meet the equity criteria
APPLICATION INFORMATION & PROCESS
You are invited to apply to the Year 12 UPP if you meet the following criteria:
- You must be completing your HSC or IB in 2018 at a high school in the Illawarra/South East Region
- Your academic performance in Year 11 indicates that, at this time, you are unlikely to achieve the results you need to get entry to your preferred university degree
In order to be eligible to participate in the program, you must be attending an In2Uni sponsored school, OR meet one of the following criteria:
- Completing the HSC in a rural or remote area**
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- On a permanent humanitarian visa or have refugee status
- Currently experiencing financial hardship, disability/health condition or social disadvantage that have impacted on your studies**
** You may be asked to provide details of these circumstances at a selection interview for the program. Please contact us for more information if you are unsure whether you qualify.